Re: hurd-i386 updates

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:04:34AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've brought the hurd-i386 port of xfree86 back on track.
> [...]
>
> In order to have a clear look at the differences between linux.cf and
> gnu.cf, I shuffled gnu.cf around and reformatted some parts, in order to
> sync the two and make the diff somewhat easy to read.

Very nice! Now that gnu.cf is overhauled and the differences with linux.cf are
minimal, what would you think of merging linux.cf into it?

We could have some #ifdef'ed snippets of kernel-specific macros in gnu.cf,
but most of it would be generic. This way we can get Debian GNU/Linux ports
to switch to gnu.cf and we don't need to maintain separate files. I would
also like to add the k*BSD definitions that used to be in k*BSD.cf and
included from gnu.cf (in my unmerged patches).

I can add these to your patch, make sure that nothing breaks on GNU/Linux,
and commit it. Sounds ok to you?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)