Re: evdev Keyboard Driver: Support for extra keys?

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:55:58PM +0200, Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
> CC'ing Zephaniah E. Hull, who seems to be the person who contributed the
> patch in question.
[...]
> I hope I'm asking this question in the right place, since the evdev
> support patch seems to be Debian specific.  I was trying to get my
> keyboard (Sun Type 6 USB) to work with the evdev driver, and I found a
> whole lot of keys reporting scancode 7, even more than in "regular"
> operation, without the evdev stuff.  Then I read these lines in the
> patch:
[...]
> ... which could explain that.  Is there a specific reason why these
> codes are mapped to KEY_UNKNOWN?  I mean, if Linux recognizes them
> (which I'm not sure about -- is there a way to verify that besides
> hexdumping /dev/input/event*?), it would be cool to pass them on to the
> user.

I'm going to have to defer to Zeph on this one.

Zeph, can you shed some light on this, please?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Why should I allow that same God
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      to tell me how to raise my kids,