Re: evdev Keyboard Driver: Support for extra keys?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 03:44:36AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 09:55:58PM +0200, Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
> > CC'ing Zephaniah E. Hull, who seems to be the person who contributed the
> > patch in question.
> [...]
> > I hope I'm asking this question in the right place, since the evdev
> > support patch seems to be Debian specific.  I was trying to get my
> > keyboard (Sun Type 6 USB) to work with the evdev driver, and I found a
> > whole lot of keys reporting scancode 7, even more than in "regular"
> > operation, without the evdev stuff.  Then I read these lines in the
> > patch:
> [...]
> > ... which could explain that.  Is there a specific reason why these
> > codes are mapped to KEY_UNKNOWN?  I mean, if Linux recognizes them
> > (which I'm not sure about -- is there a way to verify that besides
> > hexdumping /dev/input/event*?), it would be cool to pass them on to the
> > user.
>
> I'm going to have to defer to Zeph on this one.
>
> Zeph, can you shed some light on this, please?

Er, the answer is quite simple really.

I could find nothing to map them /TO/ on the X side of things.

This could simply be my missing something, but I really could find no
keycodes to map those to.  Nor someplace to throw unknown codes on mass.

Does anyone have some bright ideas on how to handle them?

--
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801