Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 05:06:21PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 06:39:47AM -0800, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > >
> > > Please don't forget to upgrade the bug again later.
> > >
> > > Downgrading RC bugs for getting a package into testing sometimes has the
> > > effect that the then non-RC bug gets forgotten later [1].
> >
> > I downgraded it because it is NOT A VALID RC BUG IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>
> I'd say a bug in a library that causes segfaults in programs is a good
> candidate for being RC.

'important'. It only triggers in a relatively rare situation; virtually
everyone else using the package is fine with it.

> I know that XFree86 with nearly 200 important bugs has other rules for
> RC bugs than the rest of Debian, and it's a different question what to
> do with such bugs if they are hard to fix, but at a first glance the bug
> in question that includes both an analysis of the problem and a patch
> seems to be an example of a perfect bug report.

No, it does not. It just so happens to be so friggin' huge that very few
problems have such an adverse impact as to make the entire library
useless. Once I catch one, I'll let it through.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org