Re: unauthorized upload of xfree86 4.3.0-1 to unstable

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:11:12AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I have felt consistently under pressure to do 2 things:
>
> 1) release xfree86 4.3.0-1 to sid ASAP
> 2) delegate responsibility ASAP
>
> Very few actions serve both goals at once, so time spent on one is,
> obviously, time not spent on the other.

If you'd pulled your head out of no particular place, you'd see that if you
delegated to Daniel in the first instance, you would have achieved both
goals... But that's said with a certain degree of naivety.

> The repo can scale as long as we have people willing and able to
> maintain things.  As the frequency of your contributions to
> branches/4.3.0/sid has decreased, I have had to take up the slack.

Wow, what an incredibly prickish thing to say. I had the understanding that
this was a *volunteer* organisation, and that no-one should have to pick up
the slack from any one other person, let alone attempt to guilt trip them
for it.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

      "This isnt Mission Difficult Mr Hunt, this is Mission Impossible.
          Difficult should be a walk in the park for you."  -- MI:2