Re: Can't start

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 03:56:35PM -0600, Eric Schwartz wrote:
> I just tried installing the experimental xfree86 4.3.0-0pre1v1 on my
> ia64 workstation.  When I try to start X, I get 193 repititions of:
>
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 134
> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 135
>
> after which the server SEGVs, and aborts.
>
> I installed these packages from the experimental distribution:
>
> xserver-free86
> xfree86-common
> xutils
> xlibs
> xterm
> xlibs-dev
>
> I don't care about 3d accelleration or any such; I just want to get
> multiple uxterms up on the screen.  Please CC: me on replies.

Looks like the gcc3 ELF relocation stuff *DOES* need to be included. Branden,
could you please drag #454 (I think) out of hibernation? mharris earns a kick
for being a wrong, and me for not checking up with it.

Eric, this issue should be fixed in pre1v2; thanks for your analysis.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel@fooishbar.org>
http://www.debian.org - http://www.kde.org - http://www.freedesktop.org