Savage3D crashes when switching to full screen in X (crash in 4.3.0 only!)

Hi,

today I tried your experimental packages from deb experimental (4.3.0-0pre1v1).
When I use my savage 3d (actually hercules terminator beast) graphics card and try to watch a movie using the current avifile from unstable (0.7.38.20030710-1) (+ icewm)
it works ... well almost: when trying to switch to full screen mode, my computer hangs completely and can only be resetted (keyboard, etc. dead, monitor first issues a
warning of the refresh rate being out of spec then shuts down, ...). I didn't find anything of interest in the log files (those that weren't corrupted during the crash
;-) ).
However, when I plug in a matrox g200 graphics card the full screen mode works fine (well it seems to take longer that in 4.2.1. but I works).
Note, that when I used xfree86 from unstable (4.2.1-9) + Tim Roberts's latest 4.2.x binary driver savage_drv.o (since the original savage_drv.o from 4.2.1-9 is not able to
set a resolution/refresh rate that my monitor likes), my savage3d card had no problems with the full screen mode (i.e. it worked and did not crash my machine).
Thus I tried Tim Roberts's 4.3.0 binary driver, but without success (full screen mode crashes, too).

Hence I observe the problem in xfree86 4.3.0 only and not in the predecessor version (4.2.1). It seems that a change in the code that makes the switch to fullscreen mode
makes my system go belly up with the savage3d graphics card/driver but not with another graphics card (matrox g200).

Best regards and thanx for all your work,
Ralf