Re: Roll your own X Packages problem with static libraries

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:00:51AM +0100, Tim Krieglstein wrote:
> I am just tring to get some CVS-Head, which i injected into the
> experimental XFree Packages debianized. I managed to compile and
> install, but when i make an "debian/rules binary-arch". I get the
> following message:
> dh_install --sourcedir=debian/tmp
> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp//usr/X11R6/lib/libdps.a': No such file or directory
> dh_install: command returned error code 256
> make: *** [stampdir/binary-arch] Error 1
>
> The problem is that there is no libdps.a build (but .so one are there!).
> So here comes the question to the x-wizards on the list, are there any
> configure options to get these static libraries built?
>
> Please cc me, since i am currently not subscribed to this list.
> Thanks for any suggestions

This is more a question for one of XFree86 upstream's mailing lists.

Anyway, I believe the Imake variable in question is "ForceNormalLib", or
something similar to that.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If existence exists,