Roll your own X Packages problem with static libraries

Hi

I am just tring to get some CVS-Head, which i injected into the
experimental XFree Packages debianized. I managed to compile and
install, but when i make an "debian/rules binary-arch". I get the
following message:
dh_install --sourcedir=debian/tmp
cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp//usr/X11R6/lib/libdps.a': No such file or directory
dh_install: command returned error code 256
make: *** [stampdir/binary-arch] Error 1

The problem is that there is no libdps.a build (but .so one are there!).
So here comes the question to the x-wizards on the list, are there any
configure options to get these static libraries built?

Please cc me, since i am currently not subscribed to this list.
Thanks for any suggestions
Tim