Re: purpose of MANIFEST files (was: XSF revision 238)

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:42:42PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> So your plan is to remove them, right?

As such, yes.

> Personally I would rather prefer to keep them in place, manly because I am
> paranoid and due to the complexity of the packages one check more (that is
> already in place) is not a bad thing and it doesn't really require a lot
> of resources to keep it updated.

Like I said, the idea is to use dh_install --list-missing, and
automatically compare that again pre-generated lists of installed files
we *don't* want to ship.

It would be the complement of the current procedure.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     The Rehnquist Court has never
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     encountered a criminal statute it