Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

Daniel Stone wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:49:07PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 09:20, Daniel Stone wrote:

I don't think we should be forcing users to use an experimental snapshot
package to get bugfixes for issues like that, personally. I mean, it's
not like our tree is completely virginal anyway. ;)

IMHO, the driver snapshot packages would completely remove the need to
include bleeding edge drivers in the release packages. Bugfixes should
be backported if necessary.

The Savage drivers have regular "stable" tarball releases.

As does the SiS driver (http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml)

For my driver it's "stable = bleeding edge".

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria