Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 06:31:50PM +0200, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> To all members of the X Strike Force:
>
> Please include the CVS HEAD version of the SiS driver (which compiles
> and works with 4.3.0) in Debian's upcoming 4.3.0 release.
>
> The driver from CVS HEAD is much improved compared to the original 4.3.0
> version. This step would save me a lot of user enquiries...

Notice that shipping the SDK (as scheduled for the pre2 release in
Daniel's 4.3.0 plan), will enable me (or others) to easily build any CVS
head drivers, and i plan to release a driver package once that is done.

This would enable to make regular snapshots of the CVS head drivers,
without needing to import to much of head into the 4.3.0 package, which
may (or may not) cause problems.

Friendly,

Sven Luther