Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

Sven Luther wrote:
Notice that shipping the SDK (as scheduled for the pre2 release in
Daniel's 4.3.0 plan), will enable me (or others) to easily build any CVS
head drivers, and i plan to release a driver package once that is done.

This would enable to make regular snapshots of the CVS head drivers,
without needing to import to much of head into the 4.3.0 package, which
may (or may not) cause problems.

Erm, I don't follow Debian package development, but just to make sure:

My point was actually to replace the 4.3.0 SiS driver with the HEAD version, without the need to install some "obscure" SDK or "experimental" package; many
users will probably prefer to install "xserver-xfree86" considering it more
stable than anything with "CVS" in its name... which is exactly what I wanted
to avoid.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer