Re: 4.3.0 wishlist item

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:33:37AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 05:20:49PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:04:19AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Notice that shipping the SDK (as scheduled for the pre2 release in
> > > Daniel's 4.3.0 plan), will enable me (or others) to easily build any CVS
> > > head drivers, and i plan to release a driver package once that is done.
> > >
> > > This would enable to make regular snapshots of the CVS head drivers,
> > > without needing to import to much of head into the 4.3.0 package, which
> > > may (or may not) cause problems.
> >
> > Yeah, but I still want to import drivers like Savage/SiS, where it's not
> > the *featureset*, but the *bugfixes* that concern me. It seems to fix an
> > issue on my co-worker's Savage where logging into Hotmail leaves an
> > interesting blue/white striped texture all over the screen.
> >
> > I don't think we should be forcing users to use an experimental snapshot
> > package to get bugfixes for issues like that, personally. I mean, it's
> > not like our tree is completely virginal anyway. ;)
>
> Best would be to just backport the bugfix in these case, no ?

There's so many bugfixes that it's easier to pull the entire changeset
in. If there are no objections (and so far, there haven't been), pre2
will include SiS and Savage.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org