Re: proposed X Strike Force commit/changelog policy

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:52:43AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:20:45PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > * Here's a new one that I myself didn't realize was important until this
> > >   morning: always include the name of each file being changed in your
> > >   commit log.  This seems redundant until you realize that "svn log"
> > >   operations can be run on directories.
> >
> > Of course subversion knows what files that change touched. This sounds
> > more like a deficiency of svn log; it should be able to list the files.
>
> It can; use the -v option. I do tend to err towards verbose log messages
> anyway, though.

Ooh, that's nice.  I wish -v were the default.

Still, I continue to advocate the format I advised above.

> > I'm not part of your team, but I have some interest in subversion and
> > some of the same issues, so pardon me for weighing in..
>
> Ditto.

And as I told Joey, please speak up anytime.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |         Ab abusu ad usum non valet