Re: proposed X Strike Force commit/changelog policy

> * When doing a commit that should be logged in the debian/changelog
>   file, edit the debian/changelog file before doing the commit and
>   commit the change to it along with the rest of your change set.

As a point of interest, do you ever find yourself working on more than
one thing at a time in the same checkout, and how do you juggle the
debian/changelog changes then?

> * Here's a new one that I myself didn't realize was important until this
>   morning: always include the name of each file being changed in your
>   commit log.  This seems redundant until you realize that "svn log"
>   operations can be run on directories.

Of course subversion knows what files that change touched. This sounds
more like a deficiency of svn log; it should be able to list the files.

> What do you guys think?

I'm not part of your team, but I have some interest in subversion and
some of the same issues, so pardon me for weighing in..

--
see shy jo