Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Fre, 2003-04-04 at 05:44, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 02:08:52AM +0200, Michel D?nzer scrawled:
> > On Fre, 2003-04-04 at 00:44, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > So what's different from what we have now, apart from the name of the
> > > external repository,
> >
> > experimental isn't external. It's integrated into the archive, BTS, ...
>
> ... an extra deb line ...

Just like yours now.

> > > and the fact that having it in experimental would pull in a great deal
> > > of other stuff?
> >
> > What would it pull in? I honestly can't think of anything except things
> > like Sven's package, which couldn't get into the archive at all otherwise.
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade gives you everything that's been randomly dumped
> into experimental.

I expected that one coming up again... users who can't deal with
experimental should use a stable backport, as always.

> > > True, but seriously, it's quite incredibly mundane.
> >
> > Well, if you choose to discuss these things in private, fine, but don't
> > complain about lack of participation then.
>
> I'll happy discuss the semantics of patch-merging with anyone who feels
> like lending a hand. If you're that desperate to see how things turn
> out. I'll Cc debian-x on discussions.

Thanks, but I'm not desperate, just making suggestions how you might get
more people participating. Am I the only one who sees the similarities
between this situation and the XFree86 upstream situation? :\