Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Fre, 2003-04-04 at 00:44, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 07:14:26PM +0200, Michel D?nzer scrawled:
> > On Don, 2003-04-03 at 15:21, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > Except that it will be uninstallable and unbuildable for
> > > everything/everyone that doesn't have 4.3.
> >
> > Simple: 4.3.0 goes to experimental, as does everything that needs it.
>
> So what's different from what we have now, apart from the name of the
> external repository,

experimental isn't external. It's integrated into the archive, BTS, ...

> and the fact that having it in experimental would pull in a great deal
> of other stuff?

What would it pull in? I honestly can't think of anything except things
like Sven's package, which couldn't get into the archive at all otherwise.

> > I thought that was precisely what debian-x is for, to discuss X packaging
> > issues.
>
> True, but seriously, it's quite incredibly mundane.

Well, if you choose to discuss these things in private, fine, but don't
complain about lack of participation then.