Re: missing config files & fonts *FIXED*
- To: Dave Eidson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: missing config files & fonts *FIXED*
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: 08 Aug 2002 00:34:36 +0200
- Message-id: <1028759677.1115.964.camel@tibook>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1020807031750.3841A-100000@scarecrow>
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1020807031750.3841A-100000@scarecrow>
On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 10:37, Dave Eidson wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Dave Eidson wrote:
> > Regarding the missing fixed font, it appears that update-fonts-alias
> > isn't working correctly. When run, it creates a file named
> > fonts.alias.update-new in the specified font dir that contains only
> > the "DO NOT EDIT" messages... no alias info is created. How can I get
> > around this?
> Well, I managed to get it working. No real idea what the real problem
> is/was, but for anyone interested, here's what I did.
> Originally, used dselect and installed x-window-system meta package,
> seemed to install fine, no errors at all. But there were problems
> with the font aliases, and /etc/X11 contained nothing but the expected
> subdirectories and and XF86Config-4 file. Manually creating the alias
> file got me past the "missing fixed font" issue, but more problems popped
> up due to not having the needed files in /etc/X11 (Xsession, Xservers,
> rgb.txt etc).
For the record, those files are in xfree86-common. The dependencies
shouldn't allow installing xserver-xfree86 without that...
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast