.Xdefaults seems broken

I am running a fresh install with 4.2 (but it was doing this with 4.1) and
when I start an xterm it completly ignores my .Xdefaults file. What I am
doing works at home just fine. Does anyone know why this would be
happening?

When i put these two lines in the .Xdefaults It still starts with a black
bg and a white fg. And I have tried other things but they don't work.
xterm*background: White
xterm*foreground: Black

The fact that I have a black bg and a white fg is not my concern, I want
it that way, but I want a larger font, and xterm is ignoring my
xterm*Font: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso10646-1
line as well.

If I am going about configuring xterm all wrong or you know of a better
why to do to this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Josie Imlay
<http://josie.atypedigital.com>