Re: A Radeon and X question, probably not Debian specific

> Yeah, I thought it would be some strange bug, or an interaction with
> the AMD 760 AGP bridge, or something like that.  I was just hoping
> to hear about some special REALLY_GO_FAST=t type thing that I didn't
> know to set.

I had exactly the same problem with a Radeon VE. It worked just fine
in flatland (except when you dragged a window. Then it drew garbage
across the screen until you stopped, but that was a separate problem).

Nothing I did could get it to do OpenGL. It never produced an error,
even with everything at maximum log spewage. On a modestly swift AMD
system, glxgears produced an insanely high number, but Quake III
gasped for half a frame per second. After many months of research, I
was able to solve the problem like so:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "geforce"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        VideoRam        65536
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Of course, this required some modification of the hardware
configuration. That's probably not the answer you're looking for
either. ^_^

Russell