Re: A Radeon and X question, probably not Debian specific

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 00:17, Jeff Lessem wrote:
> In your message of: 24 Jul 2002 23:22:23 +0200, you write:
> >The size of the latter's window doesn't seem to impact the framerate here,
> >so that sounds like software rendering.
>
> Xscreensaver's gears does about 50 fps at its default size, 25 fps in
> a maximized window,

Around 45 fps in both cases here.

> and 5 fps in full screen saved mode.

There seems to be a bug in the current DRI code which prevents direct
rendering under certain circumstances, in particular this one. It's hard
to track down, it fails to map the framebuffer - no idea what's up yet.

> foo:~%env LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxgears
> libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 radeon (screen 0)
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/dri/radeon_dri.so
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules-dri-trunk/dri/radeon_dri.so
> drmOpenByBusid: busid is PCI:1:5:0
> drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
> drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
> drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports PCI:1:5:0

Looks good, hmm. I have a similar problem when running with PCI GART on
this PowerBook, but that can't be the case for you because it's still
disabled on x86. I assume it's related to the L3 cache here, maybe
something about AGP for you...

For the record, can you try if setting any of

RADEON_NO_CODEGEN=t
RADEON_NO_VTXFMT=t
RADEON_NO_TCL=t

makes a difference?