Re: A Radeon and X question, probably not Debian specific

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 01:02, Jeff Lessem wrote:
> In your message of: 25 Jul 2002 00:31:18 +0200, you write:
> >Around 45 fps in both cases here.
>
> It must be limited to about 50, because that is what I get on my
> Mobility r128 laptop and on the old system with the mga card.

Yes, it has a 0.02 sec delay between frames by default. Run it with
-delay 0 to get the max framerate.

> >There seems to be a bug in the current DRI code which prevents direct
> >rendering under certain circumstances, in particular this one. It's hard
> >to track down, it fails to map the framebuffer - no idea what's up yet.
>
> Yeah, I thought it would be some strange bug, or an interaction with
> the AMD 760 AGP bridge, or something like that.  I was just hoping to
> hear about some special REALLY_GO_FAST=t type thing that I didn't know
> to set.

Let me clarify, you're seeing two separate problems: you only get
software rendering with xscreensaver due to a strange DRI bug. The
slowness with direct rendering could be a hardware quirk.