Re: MGA ( G400 ) DRI on an SMP box

Juergen Kreileder wrote:

However I still get random hangs with Q3A and deterministic hangs
with any windowed GL application when the window gets un- and then
remapped (e.g. when iconifying/deiconifying windows, or when switching
between workspaces).

I don't consider that working. I write windowed GL apps, and DRI has locked my machine with every release I tested. I ended up fixing the debian 4.0.2 and 3.3.6-20 packages to play nice with each other. I run 3.3.6 99% percent of the time, since I perfer utah-glx's stablity and speed.

I think the only people it "works for" are just playing games or are on UP systems. I haven't found anyone yet that can run a multicontext and/or windowed GL application yet on MGA DRI. Thanks for your input, as I'm tracking the reports I hear with mental notes. ;)

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |