Re: MGA ( G400 ) DRI on an SMP box

    Terry> Anyone get MGA ( G400 ) DRI working on an SMP box?
    Terry> Everytime I tried it it locks the machine.

I and some others had this problem on Dell Precision workstations.
The problem was that busmastering wasn't enabled for the graphics
card:

,----
| 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
|         Subsystem: Matrox Graphics, Inc. Millennium G400 Dual Head Max
|         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
`----

After enabling busmastering with "setpci -s 1: 4.w=$(printf %x
$((0x$(setpci -s 1: 4.w)|4)))" DRI started working.

,----
| 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
|         Subsystem: Matrox Graphics, Inc. Millennium G400 Dual Head Max
|         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
`----

However I still get random hangs with Q3A and deterministic hangs
with any windowed GL application when the window gets un- and then
remapped (e.g. when iconifying/deiconifying windows, or when switching
between workspaces).

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html