Re: .xResources? how do you handle it in X4?

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 12:25:57AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> I had a couple of local settings (fonts, mainly) in ~/.xResources for X3,
> and they don't seem to be recognised anymore.  I'm a bit lost, and in fact
> can't even remember precisely what I had done to fix the settings before, so
> I'd appreciate any kind hints.
>
> The main thing I want to do is to replace font "fixed" with
> "-cronyx-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-koi8-r"
> so I can communicate readily with russian friends.  I had this font set to
> "fixed" somewhere, but can't remember where exactly, and it isn't working
> anymore with the change to X4.  Doing it once, renaming "fixed" should let
> me use a number of different resources at the same time in russian, namely
> xterm/Eterm and emacs.

As far as I know there isn't any such thing as per-user font aliases.

For a single user workstation, you could just edit the conffile
/etc/X11/fonts/misc/xfonts-base.alias .

On a multiuser workstation, probably the only thing you can do is run your
own font server process.  :-/

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |   Never attribute to malice that which can