Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:38:45PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> As I pointed out earlier, PPC works without any PCI support.
Hmm, does PPC load libpcidata? Is there any special handling?

> > Note that I had to change an Imakefile to build stuff in bus/pci, because
> > otherwise a makefile would go crazy. Maybe that was not the best idea?
>
> Everything is possible. Do you have a patch?
Its in the 500_m68k patch. Right now it ony contains Imakefile patches,
adding m68k where it was forgotten. I tried to mimic powerpc handling...

> Hmm looking closer at your previous log I begin to think the problem is not
> about PCI at all. Here's a sane snippet:
>
> (II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
> (II) Module pcidata: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>         compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 0.1.0
>         ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.3
>
> Yours failed right after the third '(II)' which looks like it is in the loader
> code. Maybe something is wrong in the module metadata, similar to the error
> you got now?
Hmm, right, on my i386 PCI messages appear only one line later. What is
wrong? ;-)

> Can you build a static server (#define DoLoadableServer NO in host.def) and
> run it in gdb?
I'll try to do that without rebuilding the complete package.

Christian