Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 07:01:00PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> With 4.0.2 installed:
>
> ~> strings /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a|grep memcpy
> xf86memcpy
>

> memcpy is #defined to xf86memcpy in
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/xf86_libc.h
>
> So something goes very wrong with your build.
Tell me... and _that_ part _was_ working in a previous build. And I did not
change much on my build system since then, I only installed (and built)
glibc2.2 and gcc-2.95.3 ;-)
Ok, thats a heavy change, but everything else works fine, even linux-2.4.0
works a little when built with gcc-2.93.3. I can downgrade stuff, but I
prefer to run those on m68k, since nobody else seems to do.

And for all I can say, the source in the bitmap directory did not change
since quite some time, so I wonder why the binaries do not work anymore?

When I perform you strings command on a previous version, I get:
strings libbitmap.a | grep memcpy
memcpy
xf86memcpy
memcpy

Not sure if loading libbitmap was working here, I just unpackage the dep.
Will check that again at home. But you see I get memcpy twice plus
xf86memcpy once. Is that ok?
Files are on http://people.debian.org/~cts/x4.0/ with
xserver-xfree86_4.0.1pre2.RC3-1_m68k.deb unpackage there.

Any further hints are very appreciated.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato