Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> > Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Your original log stops directly after the
> > '(II)', not even the 'Module pcidata: ...' is there. So it's probably not
> > in the pcidata module code that the segfault occurs.
> Ok, so you think something with the loader is wrong? When I look at the
> code, I find a few places where powerpc is mentioned, but mc68000 not, or
> not as often (coff, coffloader, elfloader, loader, ...). I have absolutely
> no idea whats happening there, should I ask Metro Link for help ;-)

I think it would be better if you asked on xpert@XFree86.Org. Stuart Anderson
from MetroLink is there as well as a lot of other XFree86 developers who
probably know more about that than I do.

> > Yep, unfortunately, if my suspicion is right the problem won't show up
> > there because there will be no modules. But at least we'll know then.
> And if the problem does not show up I will have a working X4.0 on m68k! So I
> hope you are right... but it seems I have to do a fresh build, or is there a
> way to regenerate the makefiles from the imakefiles easily?

You can try make Makefiles, however nothing but make World is guaranteed to
work.

BTW for this you could build only the server(s) (#define BuildServersOnly YES)
to cut down the time it takes.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project