Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 02:06:23PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> "Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> > Hmm, does PPC load libpcidata? Is there any special handling?
>
> I don't remember, but I can ask someone on the APUS user list to send you a
> log if you want.
If you say thats not the problem...

> Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Your original log stops directly after the
> '(II)', not even the 'Module pcidata: ...' is there. So it's probably not in
> the pcidata module code that the segfault occurs.
Ok, so you think something with the loader is wrong? When I look at the
code, I find a few places where powerpc is mentioned, but mc68000 not, or
not as often (coff, coffloader, elfloader, loader, ...). I have absolutely
no idea whats happening there, should I ask Metro Link for help ;-)

> Yep, unfortunately, if my suspicion is right the problem won't show up there
> because there will be no modules. But at least we'll know then.
And if the problem does not show up I will have a working X4.0 on m68k! So I
hope you are right... but it seems I have to do a fresh build, or is there a
way to regenerate the makefiles from the imakefiles easily?
I can not start that before tomorrow, building glibc2.2 now, gcc-2.95.3
is next...

Christian
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]      http://people.debian.org/~cts/