Re: [jonathan.heaney@btinternet.com: X in Sid +G400 DRI]

Jonathan Heaney wrote:

> Am still getting the error message:
> (EE) MGA(0): [drm] MGADRIScreenInit failed (DRI version = 4.0.0,
> expected 3.0.x).  Disabling DRI.
>
> Even with the 3.0.2 mga.o module...

The error message isn't about the _DRM_ kernel module but about the X server
_DRI_ module (libdri.a).

> I'm using the mga/hal drivers from Matrox but I replaced/removed with
> the Debian ones and still the same problem.

Really? Let's look at the 4.1.0 mga_dri.c:

   /* Check the DRI version */
   {
      int major, minor, patch;
      DRIQueryVersion( &major, &minor, &patch );
      if ( major != 4 || minor < 0 ) {
         xf86DrvMsg( pScreen->myNum, X_ERROR,
                     "[dri] MGADRIScreenInit failed because of a version
mismatch.\n"
                     "[dri] libDRI version = %d.%d.%d but version 4.0.x is
needed.\n"
                     "[dri] Disabling the DRI.\n",
                     major, minor, patch );
         return FALSE;
      }
   }

Looks like it should work (not to mention that it looks different to your
output), so please try again with the 4.1.0 driver shipped with the Debian
package.