AW: cannot login 2 X since upgrade 2 woody

Hi,

i was logged in via text console and i even can start kde via startx, cause
no login is necessary. but when i try logging in via xdm or kdm it fails. in
.xsession-errors it says:

Xsession: unable to launch kde X session; kde not found.
Xsession: Falling back to default session.
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not authorized
to connect to Server xrdb: Can't open display ':0'
xsetroot:  unable to open display ':0'
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not authorized
to connect to Server ksplash: cannot connect to X server :0
DCOPServer up and runing.
kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not authorized
to connect to Server kcminit: cannot connect to X server :0
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not authorized
to connect to Server ksmserver: cannot connect to X server :0
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

When i had this problem last time, i commented out "use-sessreg" in
kdm.options and somehow it worked until i destroyed PAM but this time it
doesn't help (actually i'm not sure about what and where i commented out the
other time but i think it was what i told you, though, somehow it appears
strange to me that this can result in being able to log in again after
reading a bit in the manpages for sessreg)

Anyway i guess you are right in saying that i destroyed something that has
to do with the session-management. And you said i have to remove a
config-file. but what exactly do i have to do? can you further help me?