Re: What's the status on Xfree86 4.1.0?

Branden Robinson wrote:

[debian-arm readers, please keep debian-x in the thread]

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:46:42AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

It worked! Failed the manifest check of course, but the diff looked kosher (a few cs -> cz and sk key map moves, lots of font stuff, man pages moved from /usr/share/man to /usr/X11R6/man, nothing of any consequence to the binary-arch packages). So I touched debian/stampdir/install (since the manifest check ends that target), and am making binary-arch now, will genchanges and dupload when it's done. Oh- and will test it and see whether it works! But since 4.0.3 is broken, maybe it's not such a bad thing to upload 4.1.0 either way? :-\

Please don't upload official .debs that are the result of a kludged
process like this.  It makes me really nervous.

I'd be happy to host such .debs at the X Strike Force, however, until we
have arm packages that build correctly from start to finish.

Okay... unfortunately, I didn't get your message in time, but due to interrupted builds from NFS errors (my Netwinder doesn't have sufficient disk space to build X), I ended up just re-starting from zero late last night, copying in the new MANIFEST.arm, and with that one file changed, everything built successfully from start to finish. Just uploaded about three hours ago.

Sounds good?

Relevant files:
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/MANIFEST.arm.4.1.0-2
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.build-install.log
and coming soon (an hour or two?):
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.binary-arch.log

Thanks!  I'll check this stuff out.

Okay, actually, the new unified build-install-binary log is at:
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.log

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  Log at:
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/XFree86.0.log

Oh well,