Re: What's the status on Xfree86 4.1.0?

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

I'm afraid I don't have too much time to try it under multiple kernels, so someone else will have to investigate. If 2.4.5 makes X build (won't know until tomorrow morning), I'll report that.

It worked! Failed the manifest check of course, but the diff looked kosher (a few cs -> cz and sk key map moves, lots of font stuff, man pages moved from /usr/share/man to /usr/X11R6/man, nothing of any consequence to the binary-arch packages). So I touched debian/stampdir/install (since the manifest check ends that target), and am making binary-arch now, will genchanges and dupload when it's done. Oh- and will test it and see whether it works! But since 4.0.3 is broken, maybe it's not such a bad thing to upload 4.1.0 either way? :-\

So, ARM fails to build X under 2.2.19 because of fakeroot trouble, but 2.4.5 is fine. Someone may want to investigate why fakeroot fails under 2.2.19, it seemed to work just fine for 2.2.13 but I didn't try to build X...

Relevant files:
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/MANIFEST.arm.4.1.0-2
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.build-install.log
and coming soon (an hour or two?):