Re: What's the status on Xfree86 4.1.0?

[debian-arm readers, please keep debian-x in the thread]

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:46:42AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> It worked!  Failed the manifest check of course, but the diff looked
> kosher (a few cs -> cz and sk key map moves, lots of font stuff, man
> pages moved from /usr/share/man to /usr/X11R6/man, nothing of any
> consequence to the binary-arch packages).  So I touched
> debian/stampdir/install (since the manifest check ends that target), and
> am making binary-arch now, will genchanges and dupload when it's done.
> Oh- and will test it and see whether it works!  But since 4.0.3 is
> broken, maybe it's not such a bad thing to upload 4.1.0 either way? :-\

Please don't upload official .debs that are the result of a kludged
process like this.  It makes me really nervous.

I'd be happy to host such .debs at the X Strike Force, however, until we
have arm packages that build correctly from start to finish.

> Relevant files:
> http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/MANIFEST.arm.4.1.0-2
> http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.build-install.log
> and coming soon (an hour or two?):
> http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/debs/xfree86_4.1.0-2.binary-arch.log

Thanks!  I'll check this stuff out.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will