Ctrl-Space in xterm

I'm having troubles in my xterm.  There are enough bug reports about xterm's
keyboard input at the moment that I didn't want to add another, but still, I
didn't see my particular problem reported there, so I thought I'd check here
to see if it's the same problem.

The reported problem was Backspace not working, and a workaround is now
included in 4.1.0-3.

But I also find that Ctrl-Space does not work (for marking blocks in jed),
neither does Ctrl-@.  It wouldn't appear to be a problem with jed since it
works in Eterm.  And since xterm already has problems, I figured this might
just be another of them.

So I wanted to ask, does anyone else have problems using Ctrl-Space (in jed)
on an xterm?  Would this be another symptom of the same problem (not reading
termcaps properly, correct?) that messed up Backspace, or could it be
something else?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A