Re: xfree86-1 3.3.6-3; 3 down, 3 to go

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 10:37:38AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 02:30:51PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 11:21:28PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > [Sorry for the wide crossposting.]
> > >
> > > xfree86-1 3.3.6-3 was installed into the archive for alpha and i386
> > > yesterday.
> > >
> > > The sparc packages are in Incoming.
> > >
> > > That leaves arm, m68k, and powerpc, which I traditionally do not build
> > > myself.
> > >
> > > This is just a message to let folks know that it's ready for building on
> > > those 3 arches.  Please let me know if there are any issues.
> >
> > Hello, ...
> >
> > i will not be able to build xfree this time, as i lack disk space for it. Btw,
> > branden, is there any particular reason why 570MB are not enough for it, while
> > 300Mb are ok for building the upstream X server ?
> >
> > Anyway, last build i tried was 3.3.6-1, and didn't link because ioperm was
> > missing. This is maybe solved in the new packages though.
> >
> > So, please someone else builds the packages for powerpc this time, will try to
> > get disk space for the next time.
> >
> > If nobody can, i will try it still, ...
>
> Bah, I'd just uploaded 3.3.6-2 two days ago.
>
> 3.3.6-3 for PowerPC is now in Incoming, no problems with the build.  It
> runs to about 850MB, though, Sven.

Ok thanks, ...

i managed to build it in ~600MBs, being root and all so it will use the extra
space also, and removing stuff as it goes, specially the upstream source. But
it never passed the build stage even so.

Does the packages contain the fbdev-dpms.patch and kbdrate.patch i was sent
when 3.3.6-1 was out ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER