Re: [oliver.poths@linsoft.de: XFree86 4.01]

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:07:31PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> No, it doesn't. X depedns on glibc 2.2 (which is not in woody because of
> m68k) and it also does not build on all of our supported archs (m68k and
> arm).
Always on the small ones... X depends on glibc2.2? How could I build X on
m68k then? Its not listed in the build-depends and I could build one version
(when I could keep up with Branden once) with glibc2.1 on m68k. I think it
depends on glibc2.2 only because it was built with glibc2.2. So quite a few
packages are not yet in woody, because they depend/were built with glibc2.2
and m68k has not made it that far yet? How long until m68k will be kicked?
I wanted to wait for some more m68k people to test glibc2.2, but maybe I can
wait a long time for that to happen. It seems to work on amiga and mac.

Shouldn't glibc2.2 be released together with the latest gcc? That one
crashed my machine instead of creating packages. Maybe in the next try.

Technically, X builds on m68k (4.0.1-10 did with glibc2.1 and gcc-2.95-13.1,
the recent one built with glibc2.2), but it does not work yet (not yet
tested with yesterdays build). Should I upload nevertheless so that it can
make it into testing for the other arches?

> So there is no way it can be in testing.
So it goes stable -> woody -> testing -> sid ? Which one should developers
run?

Christian
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]