Re: [oliver.poths@linsoft.de: XFree86 4.01]

"Santi Béjar" wrote:

> To begin with testing (now woody) way better to put all the potato
> packages in testing. When the times goes the packages in unstable (sid)
> will go to testing.
>
> So by now I have a woody machine but if I do a apt-get update (with the
> deb files in source.list pointing to woody) I'll see that all the
> available packages are older than what I have installed.

[...]

>         I hope I've helped.

Yes, I think so, thanks.

I guess part of the confusion stems from the fact that old versions of
pre-testing woody packages are still lying around in the woody archive
directory.

For all who don't know about package pools yet, I recommend reading

http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/poolfaq

And about testing:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/~ajt/

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project