Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

 As the gtkglarea maintainer (and since you hinted it's the OpenGL
 subsystem what broke) I feel this is somehow my fault...  could you
 please elaborate on this?

It seems to be that gtk depends on X 4.0.1+, and that caused my working xserver to be purged and replaced. Still, I want to be able to use 3.3.6-18 and utah packages for G400 and G200 - and they're not in woody anymore. My gripe is that I can't do a new install of 3.3 and utah on any machine, or even ( by using debian ) replace the xserver and libs I lost.

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |