Re: Utah GLX

Seth Arnold wrote:

Perhaps it is cutting out users who join the project with woody's
original release. You don't fall into this category. You *can* install
3.3.6-11potato18 though, which is probably pretty damn close to the
3.3.6-18 you miss so much.

I feel like after giving a 'head's up' on my concern over utah and the X roadmap, that I shouldn't have to worry about deps going so far as to choose my X version.

Some of this relates to some of the main things I have critized debian for since I started using it a few years back. When I brought up concerns, I was dismissed. When I asked why I was dissmissed, I was told the old stand by "it's not supposed to work". Also the mentality that I *should have to repair the packages and shouldn't trust the packagers judgement. It is very infuriating over time... I can't believe that I should put all these packages I'm assumed to have on hold so often either.

Eh? Hmm. Maybe you forgot a 'not' somewhere in this sentence. Could you
please rephrase that, and more directly apply it to your case of not
putting the 3.3.6 packages on hold?

What I was saying is that some commerial applications in linux require utah.

cheers,
Terry

| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |