Re: Utah GLX

* Terry 'Mongoose' Hendrix II <darkskye@mindspring.com> [001212 01:32]:

> > The thing is, no one is weeding anything out. Users can still run 3.3.x.
>
> You can't install 3.3.6-18 anymore, so I think it is cutting users out.

Perhaps it is cutting out users who join the project with woody's
original release. You don't fall into this category. You *can* install
3.3.6-11potato18 though, which is probably pretty damn close to the
3.3.6-18 you miss so much.

>   Games like tribes 2 won't be running on DRI, what will you thin debian
> users will say to that?  I never liked how debian maintainers assume
> certian packages that can no longer be obtianed exist on a users system.

Eh? Hmm. Maybe you forgot a 'not' somewhere in this sentence. Could you
please rephrase that, and more directly apply it to your case of not
putting the 3.3.6 packages on hold?

>   I'm going to have to reinstall X and all my X dep apps tomarrow, and I
> hate knowing even after expressing concern agian on the issue of utah -
> I've wasted 2 days fixing it, yet I'm going to have to manually alter my
> status database to lock out debian X anyway.

Oh man, I remember when I had a slow internet connection. Thank god for
AT&T and their cable connections! :) Downloading the new X packages
takes only a few minutes, and I imagine the old X packages would
download just as quickly for me.

All the best to you and your poor modem. :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''