Re: [bruce@perens.com: user not authorized to run the X server]

Actually, I even filed a bug on this. I did the investigation and
found the answer myself, dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common...

However, my issue is not HOW to fix it, but rather after fixing it
it does not stay fixed. Every upgrade requires me to again dpkg-
reconfigure xserver-common. That was the thought behind my bug, maybe
Branden doesn't quite realize what I meant. He said this is now the
proper way to act for xserver. Maybe he isn't aware it needs to be
reconfigured EVERY time?

Gordon Sadler