Re: the continuing adventures of XFree86 4.0.1

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 11:30:15PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > "Christian T. Steigies" wrote:
> >
> > > I have no PCI bus, I don't see PCI mentioned in the config file, is
> > > there a way to stop loading that?
> >
> > Have you worked on the PCI code now? On PPC it also works without PCI, and
> > I think it also loads that module, not sure though (I could ask on the
> > APUS lists if you'd like).
> I did not work on the pci code, I just changed it, like on ppc, to use the
> generic(?) linuxpci code (see debian/patches/500_*, I only added Mc68020 to
> the long list of non-i386 arches).

But something must be different because it doesn't segfault on PPC even if
there is no PCI at all.

> Please ask some APUS people, I know Ken Tyler is interested to get X4.0
> working on his PPC Amiga.

It's working fine on APUS (I made the glint driver work on our Permedia2
boards :), Ken is trying to get the s3virge driver going for his CV64/3D.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project