Re: the continuing adventures of XFree86 4.0.1

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> 'nother problem (after hand fixing the config):
> [...]
> (II) Loader running on linux
> (II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
> (II) Module XFree86 Font Renderer: vendor="XFree86 Font Renderer"
>         compiled for 4.0.1g, module version = 1.0.0
>         Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
>         ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.2
> (II) Loading font (null)
> (II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
> (II)
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
>
> I have no PCI bus, I don't see PCI mentioned in the config file, is there a
> way to stop loading that?

Have you worked on the PCI code now? On PPC it also works without PCI, and I
think it also loads that module, not sure though (I could ask on the APUS
lists if you'd like).

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project