Re: the continuing adventures of XFree86 4.0.1

Good news everybody! I have some debs for m68k. The build failed, but this
time to to a local configuration problem (sbuild timeout, dh_compress took
more than 150 minutes...)
I am trying to get them installed now, so that I can test a little. Will make
them available tomorrow (no changelog, no upload...), maybe some more people
dare testing them (I have no idea yet if it will be working at all on m68k).

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 12:04:56AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> A prerelease of -11, based on the new upstream beta 4.0.1h, is available at
> the X Strike Force repository.  Alpha, ARM, and m68k folks should grab
> these sources, build, and let me know what changes need to be made to the
> debian/*.$(ARCH) files.  The changelog summarizes what changed on i386.
I will start the next build tonight, it takes 20..22h until I get the
MANIFEST. Please give my amiga a little time to catch up with the rest, its
an 060 and not an ICE..

One problem I see right now, I have no libgl1?

'nother problem (after hand fixing the config):
[...]
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
(II) Module XFree86 Font Renderer: vendor="XFree86 Font Renderer"
        compiled for 4.0.1g, module version = 1.0.0
        Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
        ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.2
(II) Loading font (null)
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(II)
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

I have no PCI bus, I don't see PCI mentioned in the config file, is there a
way to stop loading that?

Christian