Re: 1600x1200 broken with vooodoo3 and NEC FP950

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 01:06:51PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
<snip>
> Yup. I switched to a V3 because my G100 wasn't capable of going past
> 1800x1400, and managed to gain about an extra 60 pixels of horizontal
> resolution before this bit me. At 16bpp it seems to appear at
> 1872x1404 or higher.

Gack.

> Disabling all the loadable modules helps somewhat - then the garbage
> is limited to the top of the screen rather than the entire display
> being distorted. It happens with the upstream packages as well, so
> it's not a Debian specific problem.

I suspect that the only module which makes a difference on this is the
DRI module, could you verify?

> Does XFree have any sort of bug tracking system? I've been assuming that
> this is a known bug so haven't reported it, but being able to check that
> would be handy.

I'm not sure how XFree86 handles bug tracking, Branden should know
though.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801