Re: 1600x1200 broken with vooodoo3 and NEC FP950

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:46:43AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> No, it has to do with the size of the framebuffer, or possibly with the
> pixel clock.  You get the same problem at 16bpp at absurdly high
> resolutions like 1932x1440 or whatever.

Yup. I switched to a V3 because my G100 wasn't capable of going past
1800x1400, and managed to gain about an extra 60 pixels of horizontal
resolution before this bit me. At 16bpp it seems to appear at 1872x1404 or
higher. Disabling all the loadable modules helps somewhat - then the
garbage is limited to the top of the screen rather than the entire display
being distorted. It happens with the upstream packages as well, so it's
not a Debian specific problem.

Does XFree have any sort of bug tracking system? I've been assuming that
this is a known bug so haven't reported it, but being able to check that
would be handy.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org