Re: xmessage

Frank Belew wrote:

> The problem is that when I did "xmessage -f /path/to/messagefile"
> it showed no real text, just an empty white box, and an Ok button.

Stupid question, perhaps, but is the box still empty if you increase
the size of the window? I've only used xmessage for one-liners, but
ever since I started using XFree86 4.0.1 I had to resize the xmessage
window to be at least one pixel taller than it is by default, or the
text area would appear as just an empty box.

This happenes both with the Debian packages, and with the version I
compiled myself when 4.0.1 was first released. It would be interesting
to know if it happens to anyone else or if I'm the only one seeing it.
(I tried reporting it upstreams but I so far I haven't heard anything
about it.)

Torbjörn Andersson