Re: Trident 9397 and Xfree 4.1

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Will Lowe wrote:

> It looks like X is drawing there -- I can put windows there,  and gkrellm
> extends into this "black" region -- but it's getting cut off or clipped or
> something.  I took a screenshot with xwd,  and the screenshot shows the
> entire screen,  but it's not actually visible on the monitor.

I had this problem once when I lied to the X server about the amount of
memory on the video card.
Try a lower bits-per-pixel value, or tell the server real amount of memory
and see if it still happens.

Martijn
--
I saw what you did and I know who you are

GPG: 1024D/17C37EC4      8427 EC97 881B 2885 7A2F  A8AB 4BFC F6B8 17C3 7EC4